Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My mother was a baker, a baker, a baker

I have gone through baking spurts recently. This week I have to do a practice run on some tie dye cake for my favorite 8, soon to be 9, year old :) I made the mistake of allowing her to google tie dye cakes and to get some ideas so, of course, she picked the most complicated one. After convincing her that 3 tiers is not necessary for a laser tag birthday party, I will now be attempting a round tie dye cake covered in fondant with hand painted tie dye on the outside... we shall see.
My last baking extravaganza included BREAD. I would have never thought that I could get absolutely giddy over keeping yeast alive but I was! Who knew?
Here a is a picture of a new favorite fall treat of mine.. cinnamon pumpkin pull apart bread with praline rum sauce... YUM.

After my extravagant cake attempt, croissants are my next victim! Who doesn't love a flaky, delicious, crescent shaped bread? Better yet, filled with chocolate or other flavorings? I will post pics of the cake soon! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment